Its kind of fun
to do the impossible.
Cast Stone Advantages
Cast stone is a high quality building material that simulates natural cut stone. It is manufactured from graded aggregates, portland cement, additives and color pigments. It can be dry cast or wet cast, depending on the project and specifications.
Cast stone, when properly finished, has a texture similar to a high-quality limestone – but with some important differences.
- It is significantly stronger than natural limestone. In fact, cast stone is typically at least twice as strong as natural limestone. For example, natural limestone used in the construction of a building is required to have a minimum compressive strength of 4000 psi. In most cases, cast stone has a compressive strength that meets or exceeds 10,000 psi, which opens up the uses exponentially.
- Since cast stone is made to your specifications, cast stone can be reinforced. That means more flexibility in your building design and usage.
- Cast stone can be pressed into unique molded shapes that give your project an individualized look.
- Cast stone is available in virtually any color and can even be color matched to existing cast stone or natural stones so the possibilities are virtually endless.
- Pricing is significantly less with more versatility.
Need something unique or want to design a special cast stone item? Please give us a call. We will assist you with your columns, railings, crown, decorative moldings, balustrades, pool decks, coping, cladding, benches, fireplaces and fountains.